GOD’S CREATION DAY FOUR
CHARLES E. WHISNANT
RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH: JULY 1, 2009
If God did not create all this vast universe and all that is in it, then we are really just wasting our time on this subject.
Evolution has struggled incessantly to explain all the bodies that exist in the universe.
When Genesis one says that God made the stars along with the moon and sun, it is saying something about His immense power.
Light travels 186 thousand miles a second, or six trillion mills a year.
· The speed of light normally refers the speed of light in a vacuum, and is an important physical constant in modern physics. Light travels at different speeds through different materials, but in vacuum light travels fastest, and the speed does not vary with the color, intensity, or direction of travel.
· This is roughly a million times faster than sound, and fast enough to circle the Earth more than 7 times in one second.
The Milky Way Galaxy is the spiral galaxy we call home, and so do 100 billion other stars.
· There are 50 billion galaxies in the known universe.
The end of the Andromeda galaxy which is approximately 2.5 million light-years away, and . contains one trillion (1012) star and close enough to earth to be seen with the naked eye.
Most stars that you see are not actually stars, but are rather multiple star systems revolving around a center mass.
The edge of the known universe is over 20 billion years of travel with about 50galaxies behind it with about a hundred billion stars.
· Psalms 8:3 Job 26:14
Genesis explains all this by saying this, ‘HE MADE THE STARS.”
One scientist put it this way, at the time of Creation the speed of light was possibly 10 billion times faster than it is now. SCALE STUDY OF THE STELLAR BODIES SCALE COMPARISON
Every star, every set of stars, every set of binary (duel) stars, has fingerprint of God upon it.
Two views of how all this happen: which do you lean too
Spontaneous generation . i.e. All these galaxies is the produce of irrational, , something coming into existence out of nothing.
DNA: THE LIFE CODE FOR THE FUNCTION OF EVERY ORGANISM
· DNA exists in every single cell. And there are 100 or so trillion cells in your body.
· 46 segments in one little coil.
· If the coil would be stretched out, it would be seven feet long. One cell folks. So the whole body?
· Your brain has about 100 billion electrical connections. (10 to the 14 power). Yet small enough to fit in a quart jar, and operates for 70 years on ten watts of power.
CREATION Day FOUR CONTINUED
CHARLES E. WHISNANT, TEACHER
Rivers of Joy Baptist Church
July 8, 2009
THE ONLY REASONABLE VIEW IS THAT THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING IN IT WAS CREATED BY GOD.
ON DAY FOUR: God created the lights that become the means by which light is transmitted. He attaches the light to stellar bodies.
“God created lights.” Genesis 1:14. “Then God said.” Verse 3,6,11,14,20,24,26,29.
Psalms 33:6-9 Psalms 19
· Psalms says the sun has a circuit, that our own sun is taking our entire solar system and dragging it from one end of the universe to the other end.
In fact the whole Milky Way galaxy is in an orbit that scientists calculate takes 225 million years to complete
“LET THERE BE LIGHTS. OR LUMINARIES” Stellar bodies. Light existed and it was at this point simply connected to these bodies.
· Light is not created by stars, light is not created by the sun. Light is simply created by God and attached to those luminaries. (sends or give out light that is, emits light)
What God did, He attached the light to the luminaries He made on day four.
THIS ACCOUNT OF CREATION OF THE LIGHTS DEFINES THEIR PURPOSE IN THREE FUNCTIONS.
NUMBER ONE: verse 14 To separate the day from the night. Separation
NUMBER TWO: To create a day, as we know it, a 24-hour day. Vs. 14 “Let them be for signs.” Let them serve. They were signs pointing to seasons and days and years. They would divide time into seasons and into days and years. Domination.
· It is the rotation of the earth on its axis that determines a 24 hour day. It is the rotation of the earth’s moon or the moon’s orbit around the earth that determines the month. And it is the earth’s rotation around the sun that determines the year.
NUMBER THREE: To elucidate or make clear or to illuminate.
· Vs 15 “Let them be light for the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth.”
“and it was so.” This little phrase indicates that it was so and remained so through all the life of the universe. It is a way of saying something was permanent. Therefore, no progressive creationism.
The descriptions of creation days, the work is now repeated and further defined.
· Vs 16. He is now defining these lights. Two great lights. Sun and the moon.
o Psalms 8:3. Psalms 136:5-9
· Vs 18 To govern the day. That’s the sun’s function.
· Vs.16 The moon is to govern the night.
Well, with all this they have spent billions trying to figure out how the moon, sun, stars evolved. That’s been one of the major enterprises of the moon exploration. Evolution is clueless. They have theories.
Psalms 8 Here you read what really God was after in creation. God gave us the account of creation so we would praise Him. What an incredible and wondrous thing it is that God of the universe cares about me. Boy, He knows you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Everywhere you see His majesty on display. Anything less than a life of worship is an affront to God, punishable by an eternity in hell, is in not.