SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY, MORNING, EVENING NOVEMBER 01, 2009
Wednesday Night Bible Study November 04. 2009
Study notes for November 01, 2009 at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church
When the Hebrews heard the term “WISDOM” what did they think? When Solomon wrote Proverbs and he used the general term ‘wisdom’ what was the idea that the Hebrew people received?
- They understood the meaning to be one whose pattern of life, and lifestyle was in line with Biblical principles, and teaching of scriptures.
- It seems today wisdom has the meaning of knowledge. Thus, we need to get all this stuff of education down.
But wisdom is:
- The ability to understand who God really is, and what it is that God wants you to do, and you are doing it.
As I have said before:
- Until you understand the intent of the Word of God, you can’t live it out in your life.
The purpose I have in mind when I am teaching is to give you the sense of Scripture:
- Ezra 7:10 : Ezra arrived in Jerusalem: prepared his heart, mind, soul: to seek the law of God and to do it, and to teach in Israel the statues and judgments of God.
- Nehemiah 8:1-6: Ezra brought the law of God before the congregation. To all those who could understand. He read the law first. He prayed unto the Lord. Read it DISTINCTLY.
- And gave the SENSE and CAUSED them to understand the reading.
- Nehemiah 8:13 To understand the WORDS of the Law. They found what they were to do.
- ·Understand: “To turn the mind to:” Deut 32:29, Psalms 41:2, 64:10, Proverbs 16:20, Daniel 9:13WISDOM: in its last analysis is PERSONAL HOLINESS.
FOOLISHINESS in its last analysis: is PRACTICAL UNHOLINESS.