PASTOR/TEACHER CHARLES E. WHISNANT
GENESIS 3 7 – 13
UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL HEALTH CARE CONDITION
Spiritual Depravity of Mankind
God Holds Court in the Garden of Eden
WHEN THE WIND WAS SPRINGING UP TOWARD EVENING GOD WALKED INTO THE GARDEN AND ASKED ADAM SEVERAL ETERNAL IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said,
It is important to understand the universal problem, in order that we can understand the cure
TONIGHT IN OUR LESSON
Tonight you are going to get an inside view of what happens when mankind disobeys God, and God’S first reaction to Adam and Eve’s disobedience.
- We met the Solicitor: Satan the devil
- We learned Satan’s line of attack: Deception.
- We learned that Eve was deceived by Satan’s lies and by her own will disobeyed God.
- We learned the Embarrassment, guilt, and shame of both Adam and Eve when they disobeyed God
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden 9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? 12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
- We will learn the deep change that happened to Adam and Eve
- We are going to learn what happened from the time Eve listened to Satan and disobeyed God.
- We are going to learn what happened when Adam and Eve heard the sound of God walking in the Garden
- We are going to learn just how God appeared to Adam and Eve in the “cool of the day.”
- We are going to learn God’s line of approach to Adam and Eve when they disobeyed Him
- We will learn how Adam responded to God’s questions in God’s Court of Judgment.
- We are going to learn what kind of spiritual condition Adam was in. Theologians call his condition spiritual depravity of mankind… Just how bad was Adam’s spiritual condition?
- We are going to learn why Adam and Eve were hiding from God in the Garden.
- We are going to learn why God “called” for Adam. What did God mean “Where are you?”
- We are going to note what Adam’s response was to God’s question “Tell me about your day Adam?” Tell me about the condition that you are in, explain to me?”
- We will learn the answer to God’s question: “Who told you you were naked, Adam?
- What did God mean by the question: “Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?
- We will note what Adam’s answer was and what the meaning was? Adam said?
- Just how fallen were Adam & Eve after their disobedience to God?
- We will learn even today man will still try to hide from God.
- We will note why Adam would not confess his sin to God. We will note that God gave Adam the chance to confess his sin and repent.
Here in these verses we find the first sight of grace, the first expression of gentleness the first suggestion that here might be a possibility for reconciliation.
We learn that mankind does not want to confess his sin, nor to admit that god is necessary in such matters as his behavior.